The Court House Complex was built in 1871 as the seat of Sarawak's government, and was used for this purpose as late as 1973. Located at junction of Main Bazaar and Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg, facing the Waterfront.
There is also some history about the building at the side of the entrance
The colonial-baroque Clock Tower was added in 1883 and the Charles Brooke Memorial in 1924. SarawakState council meetings were held here from the fifth council meeting in 1878 until 1973.