Nuffnang Ads

Friday, August 13, 2010

China Face Mask Changing


The ‘Face Mask Change’ is a unique Chinese art form. Its origin lays in the Sichuan opera. The Mask Change began 300 years ago and as time goes by, the technique is constantly worked upon and improved. This art form is now considered as one of the top folk skills in China and is on top of their list of protected arts.




Performers nowadays will be able to change over 10 masks in less than 20 seconds during their routines, in combination with their operatic movements.

all the photos is snap from my friend while I'm making the video..

Here is the video of the face mask changing :





The fire breathing


The video:



I had fun watching the show.

8 comments:

smallkucing said...

Very impressive!

TOLANIC said...

At first I thought Irene and you are together but not. My bad. I never watch this opera in real life before. I only watched it from videos. I wish I got chance to visit. =)

yinnkoon said...

The facemask changing can be quite boring when the performer repeat the same thing again and again to many time. The loading time quite slow here... why?

Erika Toh said...

I wonder how they do that! ^^

~Joeanney~ said...

wow!

Teh Tarik Drinker said...

now that is really impressive! :D

tehtarikmemoirs.com

hcvvorld of Travels, Lifestyle and Photography said...

cool! Never though that I could learn about mask changing and its history..
Thanx for sharing!

uLi.佑莉 said...

Impressive man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...