Here is the story below:
KUCHING: Four shoplots were destroyed when a fire broke out at Wayang Street, a historical site here.
The fire was believed to have started due to an electrical short circuit in a paint shop on the ground floor of one of the premises last night.
A tattoo parlour on the first floor was destroyed before the fire spread to neighbouring shoplots.
A tailor shop was also partially burnt.
No casualties were reported.
Kuching Fire and Rescue Department assistant director of operations Abdul Fathul Muen said an emergency call was received at 10.30pm.
Four fire engines rushed to the scene quickly and 41 firefighters managed to control the blaze within an hour.
Abdul Fathul said the residents living in nearby premises were evacuated for safety reasons.
In December, a fire broke out at nearby Gambir Street, which is also a historical area, located about 500m away. Seven shophouses were destroyed.
Here is the video of the fire